Further information to changes of eduroam from 7. 9. 2021
NOTICE: The validity of the information on this page has expired.
Dear eduroam user,
I am following up on the information regarding the planned changes of access to the eduroam network from 7. 9. 2021, 12:00, which you were informed about by email from 26. 8. 2021 and by a message on the Portal of the University of Ostrava.
I would like to add information about the right procedure for users of devices with Android who have previously used the app eduroamCAT to configure the access to the eduroam network (before 25 June 2020). In that case, it is necessary, for the correct configuration, to delete the original configuration profile and download the current one from the internet, therefore it is not enough just to restart the application.
Here is how to do it:
- turn on your Mobile data and Location,
- turn on the eduroamCAT application,
- go to Profiles tab,
- tap Delete profile button and confirm the deletion (this step will disconnect you from eduroam),
- go to Status tab and go back to Profiles tab,
- eventually, allow the eduroamCAT application the access to location and to Photos/Media/Files (configuration profile must be uploaded to the storage),
- choose home organization – Close configuration – the University of Ostrava (turning on of the Location enables to offer the profile of the University of Ostrava as the first one if you are near the UO),
- at Configuration file summary screen tap Install button,
- fill in User name, Password and tap Install button,
- if everything went well, the profile will install, the device will connect to the eduroam network and it is possible to turn the application eduroamCAT off,
- Mobile data and Location can be turned off as well.
In case of any technical trouble or other questions, please contact the IT technicians at the UO buildings or me directly.
Thank you for cooperation and understanding.
eduroam Network Manager
Updated: 03. 09. 2021