The eduroam WiFi network
eduroam (Education Roaming) is an international project that has become the preferred way for university students and teachers to connect to WiFi networks at the University of Ostrava and other universities in the Czech Republic, the rest of Europe and selected other countries. The system enables users to connect to the WiFi networks of all participating universities and institutions. The University of Ostrava is a participating member, so our users can log on to wireless networks at all other participating institutions (using their University of Ostrava account). eduroam in the Czech Republic is coordinated by the CESNET association. For more information on the project and its members in the Czech Republic, see the website www.eduroam.eu
- On the University of Ostrava Portal, go to My page → Password change, and create a password specially for eduroam. Password change.
- Users of Microsoft Windows (Vista and higher), Apple Mac OS X (10.7 and higher), Apple iOS (5 and higher), Google Android (4.3 and higher) and Linux can download an application to configure their operating system at https://cat.eduroam.org/?idp=821. This application is set up specifically for University of Ostrava users! Users of other operating systems should set the parameters according to the technical data given below; you can also contact Faculty IT technicians for help or contact the University's eduroam administrator (see below).
- Your user name has the form firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password is the one you have already created (see the first step above).
- SSID: eduroam
- Encryption and authentication mechanism: WPA2-Enterprise + AES, 802.1x, PEAP, MSCHAPv2
- Authentication servers: radius1.osu.cz, radius2.osu.cz
- Certification authorities: DigiCert Assured ID Root CA + TERENA SSL CA 3, AAA Certificate Services + USERTrust RSA Certification Authority + GEANT OV RSA CA 4
- Operating restrictions: the University's system of security appliance rules (firewall settings: do not restrict function of Novell; restrict P2P networks; do not support multicast operation; outgoing SMTP blocked - use the local server mailer.osu.cz).
- IP address allocation: dynamic via DHCP.
- DNS setting: dynamic via DHCP.
- Monitoring: the source provider monitors the results of user authentication (not the passwords themselves) and all TCP and UDP connections.
- Setting eduroam password 0,23 MB
- Configuration guide for Microsoft Windows 1,19 MB
- Configuration guide for Android 1,28 MB
In your e-mail, please state the operating system you are using (including the version) and give a description of the problem (as detailed as possible). The administrator will reply by e-mail as soon as possible.
Updated: 08. 02. 2022